Effective April 20th 2021 the Kelly Library’s Curbside Pickup Service will be suspended per public health guidelines. Please check this site for future updates as they are available. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Placing a request
The Kelly Library offers a Curbside Pickup Service for print books and other materials not available electronically through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service. This service is available for current University of Toronto students, faculty, staff, and USMC Extramural Readers.
- Find your item(s) by using LibrarySearch
- Click the GET IT link in each item’s catalogue record and follow the prompts to request. If you are not yet signed into LibrarySearch, you’ll need to enter your UTORid to request it.
- If the item comes up as a HathiTrust item, you will not be able to request it for curbside pick up.
- You will receive an automated email message to acknowledge receipt of your request.
- You will receive an email when your item is ready for pickup at the Kelly Library. Please read your pickup notice carefully for details about how to pickup your item(s).
Items will be held at the Kelly Library for pick up for 14 days from the time you were sent your email pickup notice. Please contact us if you require an extension to this deadline. Due dates for all Curbside Pickup items are extended to the end of September 2021 OR whenever your library privileges expire, whichever comes first. Items cannot be renewed. See our Services page for more information on loans.
- Ensure that you have your TCard or other photo ID, and a copy of the pick-up confirmation email before arriving at the Kelly Library. If you are collecting material for another person, please have their TCard, your photo ID, and a copy of the pick-up confirmation email.
- When you arrive at the Kelly Library you will see a large sign to the right of our entrance indicating where items can be picked-up. Please approach this sign and follow the instructions posted on the window nearby.
- Please show your TCard to the staff member and maintain physical distancing if other patrons are present.
- The staff member will retrieve your item(s) and place them on the table outside. Please wait for the staff member to re-enter the building before removing your item(s) from the table.